Is foreign financing possible for Swiss properties?
Do you already know how much home you can afford? There is nothing more frustrating than looking for a home, finding the perfect home, then discovering it is out of your price range. To avoid this, speak with a professional lender to learn about the different financing options available to you. And keep in mind that when you are buying from abroad, foreign financing is not always a possibility so try to speak with some local Swiss lenders as well; conditions and rates can vary considerably between countries. We can put you in touch with good local lenders to help you further.
When you find the right lender, get the paperwork processed so you will be ready to buy once you find your perfect home. If you are ready to take that next step, click here for our listings. If you’d like to know more about your chances of getting a mortgage in Switzerland without having to talk to a bank first, we have some rules of thumb below to give you an idea. Of course talking to a bank will give you the best insights!
- Are you able to invest at least 30% of your own money?
- Is the property located in an area that’s available for second residencies for foreigners (if applicable)?
- Is the living surface max. 200m2?
- Does the property have a max. of 1000m2 land surface?
- Are you planing to hold on to the property for at least five years?
- Does your household already own a property in Switzerland?